CSS - Test Your CSS Skills Number 37 - Crosshair

It sounds like we may have done the same thing then Eric :slight_smile:

I’ll keep working on it and see if I can fix the “how you leave” part.

Hi Ray,

Yes you have the same problem as Eric although Eric used a different approach.

You are on the right track though and not too many changes needed.:slight_smile:

Good effort all around though :slight_smile:

I have a solution from Raffles which is working in Firefox but is suffering from the IE8 bug that we mentioned earlier. I’m sure it will be fixed soon so well done. :slight_smile:

No answers yet for the fluid version I posted in post #16.:wink:

Raffles has now solved both the examples - well done :slight_smile:

Yeah, no fluid version from me because I was away.
Now I’m back, and having another look, my brain tells me it should be easy if there are extra tags, lets see if it’s right… lol

edit:
yeah, I’m done, took 17 mins :slight_smile:
It was killing my brain to think of a way to do it without extra tags.

The easy answer still eludes me. It has not been for lack of thought. It’s got to be some rule I’m not fluent with. Or at least I hope so I’m not kicking myself later.

Well done Timo - looks good :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who have taken part so far.

Some of you are still working on it so no clues as yet;)

Hi Eric,

I’ll throw out some clues on Wednesday but don’t look of you want to solve it by yourself.

I said I’d throw out some clues but before I do I need to know what you are after?

Me? Nothing in particular. I was just voicing my brain fart farts outloud. I don’t really need a hint. I can live without figuring it out. Maybe I will have better luck on the next one.

That was the clue :slight_smile:

Ahh. A clue wrapped in sheeps clothing. Tricky :slight_smile:

Edit: ok I think I get it. Now to see if I can do it.

:rofl:

But it did point me in the right direction :lol:

Sent my solution. Not the most elegant though…

Thanks Hueji, that’s very close but just suffers from the persistence problem when you move the mouse horizontally from the menu. The lines should disappear as soon as you leave the menu from any point.

Well done on spotting the clue though and you are very close apart from that one bug.:slight_smile:

Yeah, I noticed that after I sent my solution :frowning: I’ll try to sort it out but it won’t be before next Sunday evening alas.

But anyhow, this is really fun, a lot more challenging than the every day work stuff.

No worries, you got the right idea anyway.:slight_smile:

Yes, playing with css beats working with it :slight_smile:

Alright. I got it figured out and working perfect in all. Just ie8 got that little bug. I’ll see if I can’t figure something for that before I resubmit.

Sounds good Eric :slight_smile:

Haven’t found the solution yet.
But:

• I’m new to CSS 3
  • webdesign is not my profession, just sometimes in my free time (already months ago)

Anyway, nice competition, fun to do.
And I so damn want that unicorn :slight_smile:

In that case: