CSS3 Nav Buttons Question

Hi, how are you doing?

I have been struggling with the new Styling Features that come with CSS3. Don’t get me wrong, I love it. But I have many questions.

I guess one that comes off the top of my Head is, when creating buttons for Nav Menus or maybe even a Search Form using CSS3, what should one do when it comes to Earlier Versions of IE? This is something I have thought about, and tried to understand what issues come to be as a result of these older IE Browsers.

So, to all you CSS3 Gurus, what should a simple minded person such as myself do in respect to the issues in which I speak? Should I design buttons in Photoshop, or just not make a big deal out of the IE Issues?

Thank you

Nothing. :slight_smile: Think of CSS3 as an enhancement for those who can see it. As long as the site is usable in older browsers, that’s good enough. Everyone can download a browser like Chrome and have all the newest bells and whistles in an instant, so if they don’t do it, why chase after them with a silver platter?

You can serve up CSS3-like behavior with the aid of JavaScript, but why load up pages with that unnecessary bloat for a few non-important visual features? It’s not really practical.

Thank you ralph, very helpful… Then I guess I’ll stick with my CSS3 Buttons and Search form.