HTML & CSS
I'm hearing much about CSS3 and HTML5.
As I'm beginning to design my site should I be using CSS3 and HTML5?
What are the pros and cons of this?
Thanks . . . Rick
- Only the newest browsers fully support HTML5 and CSS3
- Each browser has its own implementation of CSS3 and HTML5
- HTML5 is still in draft form, so things have changed and will continue to change.
The stance some folks have been taking for maximum backwards compatibility:
- Use CSS3 only for progressive enhancement--meaning, you can use it to make things look better, don't depend on it being there for everybody.
- Use the HTML5 doctype, but don't employ the use of the new HTML5 tags, other than the video and audio tags (to support devices with browsers with HTML5 support, but no flash support)
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.