CuteFTP?

Has anybody tried/used this software? I tried it years ago, but a lot of things could changed since then.

I guess I am the only one who has used CuteFTP. :slight_smile: Took it for a spin, but it was overkill for what I need.

I use FileZilla as my FTP client.

Yeah, I’ve heard of filezilla, I think it ships XAMPP. Not familiar with specs though.

Well, sort of. The server-side component of filezilla does (so you can host your own FTP server). The client is responsible for connecting to an FTP server. There are no “specs” per say. FTP clients are pretty much the same.

I was impressed with the blurb and purchased their CuteFTP when is was on special offer.

I am now back to using FileZilla.

I believe they have a trial version, give it a try and see it suits your needs.

FlashFXP is the best and the last FTP server I have used.
It Supports FTP, FXP, FTPS, and SFTP file transfers…

It’s not free, and other free clients can do the same thing.

Yes I used cuteftp it was ok if I remember but I think the reason I stopped using it was when the trial period finished. I now use filezilla, works really well and is free. The one thing I have found is that if I want to delete a load of files from a server it is very slow just due to the fact it has to connect to the server and I imagine all ftp programs will have the same issue, use the filemananger in your hosting account if you want to delete lots of stuff.

I use CuteFTP, and I like it, but quite frankly there are far more important things to worry about than how you move files from one machine to another.

In an ideal world, you wouldn’t transfer files over FTP and you’d have some form of Continuous Integration pulling changes from your dev repo.

I started out on CuteFTP back in 2004 and used it up until about 2009. It’s a good program. I now use Coda which I absolutely love.

I have used CuteFTP for a number of years now, and, am more that happy with it. Heck, I even recommend it.