Darn SSL - which to get

Hi all… In the process of making an E-commerce site and need an SSL cert. The problem is, we’re not sure which to get.
From what I understand EV certs give the greenbar, but no wildcards for sub-domains. And the wildcards for sub-domains don’t give the green bar! We want a greenbar and we want it to cover numerous areas like:

example.com
www.example.com
example.com/register
www.example.com/register
example.com/login
www.example.com/login

Also depending on the cert suitable, I need to understand business validation. We are not yet registered as a business, as we’re still developing the website. I think the business validation will provide us with our name in the green-bar and our name in the seal/cert etc. Is there anything else?

Thanks for any tips here

A certificate for example.com should cover all of those - particularly if you redirect all the www. versions to the non-www. equivalents so that the pages are not seen by search engines as duplicates.

1 Like

Ahh yes ok, thanks. I thought that I may need a wildcard cert to cover those. I see. Looks like we’ll just get an EV cert then.

Thanks again Felgall

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.