Data outside div tags

Gudday all
I have been having some trouble with elements appearing outside the div tags that contains them. There is some JS within the div that I suspect is causing the problem.
The code fragment itself is shown below.

<div id="ftr">
<p class="disclaimer">
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
document.write("Every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on this website. Please advise us if you have any concerns relating to this site. Contact the webmaster for further information");
//]]>
</script>
</p>
<p class="webmaster">
//<![CDATA[
var now =  new Date();
var copyright = 'Site design &copy; Petals and Patches ABN 16 804 843 766, 2004 -';
document.write(copyright + now.getFullYear() + ".<br />");
document.write("Site built and maintained by <a class='navlink' href='mailto:webmaster&#64;petalsandpatches.com?subject=Request for the Webmaster of Petals and Patches'>TIGER TIM</a>.");
//]]>
</script>
</p>
<p class="lastupdated">
//<![CDATA[
document.write("Last updated on " + document.lastModified.substring(3,5) + "/" + document.lastModified.substring(0,2)+ "/" + document.lastModified.substring(6,10));
//]]>
</script>
</p>
</div> <!-- end of ftr div -->

If you go to sample page you can see the site I am working on. The red box is the footer div and the text partially inside the red box plus the red text under the left column and the page updated info should be inside the red box.
As you can see the required information is spend far and wide. How do I get it all concentrated? Is it the JS?

(a) Magic
(b) Make friends with a bear who will do it for you.
(c) Type three backticks on a line above and a line below your code.

1 Like

(excuse my ignorance)
What are backticks?

They’re the things which look like ` and are probably found in the top left corner of your keyboard (unless you’re using one of various European ones which don’t have them at all, or put them elsewhere).