I want to know how website will be made/languages used with following requirements :
I am roughly 1000 Page Static Website. Each page contains 1 main heading, sub heading, content and 2-3 photos per page
along with the main template of the website. I had made it by making 1000 static pages and its hectic to maintain. I want a
website which should be like this :
- I want to place all 1000 articles in txt OR doc OR rtf ... OR any format... in 1 folder.
- 2000-3000 Photos in another folder. (2-3 Photos per page)
- Now when anyone clicks any of the thousand links in main template, a PHP code or any server side language code should
pick up an article from txt file and images from 'photos folder' and make a page which includes article ,images placed at
Now how can i do it ? What languages will be involved ? How it will be made ? Kindly help me out !
You're asking too broad a question, you'd be better off using WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal and building a simple CMS with it.
create a mysql or sqlite database.
if your website is php enabled and has access to mysql, I suggest you use this option, if not sqlite is built into php and you could use that.
1. create a database. Go into your mysql link on your server, there you will find options to create a database (DB from now).
2. Create DB following the instructions on your site.
3. create a table to hold your information such as:-
in mysql :-
create a seperate file to control your settings eg:- username. password ect
create the same.
set up a new folder called sqlite.
open a new file.
name it "config.php"
$sh = "sqlite/sh";
$db = @sqlite_open($sh, 0666, $error);
now create a table:-
$sq = "CREATE TABLE article (
id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
tm DATE DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00')";
$result = sqlite_query($db, $sq);
if (!$result) die("Could not create table it's somebody else's fault");
now you can insert data, select data and organise your site.. BEAUTIFUL PHP (THANK_YOU GOD RAMUS)
mysql would be very similar. Look-up a tutorial on the subject. W3schools has a very clear, easy to follow mysql tut. hope u get it right.
Thankyou for your answer. I am a simple web designer thats why it is a bit diificult to grasp an idea. Well, i am restructuring my question . Kindly tell that your answer is applicable to this question. Thanks
- If this is possible then will google add such pages in search engine ?
Can you supply a link to your site.
I have sent website address in pivate message
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.