Day 1: The Great Photography Competition

Ok people, you have 24 hours from now to plan your mission.
In 24 hours time, submission opens. In 48 hours time, submission closes and the next mission will be announced.

Your first mission is to take a photo of ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

A fast food restaurant OR
A composition of office supplies

Images must be uploaded to this thread as attachments.

Images should be either JPG or PNG and should measure between 900 - 2000 px length for the longer side of the photograph. DPI doesn’t matter.

The Rules:

ALL WORK MUST BE YOUR OWN!

Photos must be shot between the time a topic is posted and the time of judging. Photos from five years ago are not allowed.

Photos must be submitted before midnight of the day.

Entrants may take part as many times as they like, but an entrant may only win once.

No goofy Photoshop effects or overdone photo-manipulation; Entrants are allowed to correct colour, contrast, and make minor tweaks such as removing litter or distracting objects from a photo, but no surreal colours or crazy filters.

[OT]

THAT is the most incredibly awesome (content wise) and off the wall site I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t even believe it’s for a product.
Are those crazy, crazy, commercials on tv?[/OT]
Awesome photo simonnz. A well deserved victory on the first lap. Congrats!

I’m not sure if I made the deadline or not but here my pic.
mike

…on 4th of July Holiday.

Not to mention I’m posting from Ohio and still looking for the ‘handle’ on the time zone issues.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your consideration.

Michael

i love taking photos and editing it to adobe photoshop =)
this one is taken on 9 waves, san mateo, philippines =) during my summer vacation

There is :slight_smile:

it needed good quality instrument and good resolution

Maybe there should be a link to the next thread :slight_smile: It would be easier for many.

Ok, submission for Day 1 has closed.

It is awesome to see so many great entries!

The secret judge is now going to deliberate and will be back with feedback as soon as he has had a chance to review your work.

I have just posted the subjects for Day 2. Submission begins in 24 hours. Good luck!

A quick look at my office shelves and what did I find…:slight_smile:

Being a holiday weekend I am still trying to get my lazy mind to figure out the timing of this contest, so if this entry is too late I apologize.

Cookout is a central North Carolina staple. It serves great southern cooking and has a unique drive-up approach to its restaurants. This picture was taken after my wife and I stopped to get [URL=“http://www.itsasoftdrink.com”]Cheerwine floats.

Here’s mine.

There is some great work here!
Based on Shaun’s advice, this is my ‘official’ submission.

I have no skills with Photoshop, but was able to use the crude tools Picasa offers.

I like the way the coffees appear to be ‘dancing across’ the window.

Here’s my submission attempt! Not too many exciting joints around here.

I hope this counts! could actually be in and out faster that maccas.

Well I’m lost, so here’s an attempt at adding an image.

One photo at two different sizes.

Susan

Here’s my submission…spotted a nice looking McDonalds in Notting Hill today and naturally had my camera on hand so I snapped away. Tried to get a long exposure shot of people coming in and out (and therefore create a blur) to create the impression of “fast food”, but didn’t work as well as I wanted…

After a bit of playing around on the PC, it turned out my best shot was the attached HDR photo. But I didn’t use any photo effects or major touchups so I hope it’s fine! :slight_smile:

My contribution of a layed out designer’s workspace.

It’s a great idea, I like it very much . This is my shot