Day 3: The Great Photography Competition

This is my post, but I will also be posting another just because I just really liked the Heron.
This is a tree stump a friend carved into a mushroom, it sits just off the side of the road to his house. Kind of Fern Gully like.

First post to this contest, I just saw it yesterday.

Barcelona, this is one of the concrete blocks at the breakwater, the image made me ask a friend of mine to disguise and pose there for the picture.

Here is a statue we have in our backyard.

The dogs were with me when I went out to take some photos and, although I fear “The Mighty and Powerful Judges” may disqualify it because the topic (e.g. the statue) is not the main focus of the picture, I believe it is an outstanding photograph.

I am very pleased with the composition, the contrast between the black dog and the [lighter] gray statue, and the “giggle” factor evoked by the dog’s expression.

On second thought! Does a sculpture satisfy the requirements for a statue.
While a mushroom may not, a Heron is a living animal/being. ???

Day 3 Entry

my attempt - our gar(den)goyle

Ok, here is my attempt.
Regards!

Hi guys,
This is the Soldiers Monument in Tilton NH.
It says “Erected by the Citizens of Tilton and Northfield. Dedicated May 30 1889”

They cleaned the copper up last year, and yes it is that orange…Used to be a nice green.
Anyway, not many statues around here…Been kinda quiet the last 100 years I guess.

-Emery

It may sound strange… but he usually carries the gas mask with him for the photos :wink:

I did. I’ll copy and paste next time :slight_smile:

I have put the times up in several places now, but I take your point.

For the record, there are still just under 36 hours left to submit for day 3.

[FONT=“Georgia”]There can be whatever you want in the picture, but the main idea of the picture must clearly be graffiti or statues.

[/FONT]

HAWK, I guess you prepared that post some days ago:

Jul 5, 2010, 02:30

I’m not participating in the contest, but I can immagine people getting confused. 48 hours after that post date have already passed. So the contest would be closed already… with only two entries? :smiley:

And day 3 for me:

Is it strictly statues/graffiti or there can be people in the picture?

Thanks, I particularly love the way everything including the footpath(sidewalk) right up the chimney stacks are covered with graffiti … when I saw the competition I grabbed my camera and went to look for a small piece of graffiti, instead I discovered an entire area almost a block near where I am working that is completely covered with graffiti … I will have to upload the rest of the photos somewhere later on

Yup, this is the right place. Great shot :slight_smile:

well as this is my second post on this forum and first entry in the competition I hope I have put this in the correct place …

Is this where I post my entry?

If there are any “historical” statues in my town I sure don’t know where they are. But I do know where to find a lot of “stone work”. :wink:

Here’s my entry for today. I’ve wanted to photography this statue for years, and now had an excuse.