Day 4: The Great Photography Competition

My first submission of two photographs I took from around my house.

A Yellow Swallow Tail. How sweet :slight_smile:

I’m also fairly confused on the time. Hawk said to pay no attention to the time stamp of his posts and this would seem correct because the time stamp reads 4 July 17.26 for 2nd day and 4 July 17.30 for 3rd day.

I’m in Sydney so GMT+10 but no idea what the time stamp shows.

Hawk - you said sitepoint time is GMT+12. Is it possible you could put the SPT and date with each announcement?

I’m thinking I’ve got today, Saturday, until 2pm (SPT-2) to post my submission for day 4? Hope so cos I’m going out now to find me some insects :slight_smile:

Edit: Ah, I just realised I can change the time stamp to display in my local time (I was seeing GMT-7  oops). That's a bit better now. So still thinking I have until 2pm Sat for day 4 submission.

Yeah - I screwed up and did everything a day early! There will be no post this afternoon as this is already it.

Sorry for making this so much harder than it has to be!

I won’t be around to close of submissions this afternoon so I’m just going to have to trust you all :wink:

Don’t be. If this was a professional assignment, multiple things would be flying at you all the time.

haven’t we still got around 16 hours to submit for day 3?

Yes. Submission for Day 3 is still open.

Submission for Day 4 will remain open until Saturday night.

And just a heads up…

Day 5 submission will open tomorrow and run until Sunday night, so look out for those topics soon.

I thought you were waiting 48 hours between each challenge before posting the next? My brain will have to start working overtime!

[FONT=“Georgia”]Think of it as;

Day 1 - Monday

Day 2 - Wednesday

Day 3 - Friday

Day 4 - Saturday

Day 5 - Sunday

[/FONT]

Oh noes I’m confused…haven’t we still got around 16 hours to submit for day 3? I thought you were waiting 48 hours between each challenge before posting the next? My brain will have to start working overtime!

gryffyn glad you posted that anyhow, it’s a very cool shot

well poot - I thought I had til tonight. I managed to lose a day - but since I had such a cooperative little cicada, I’ll go ahead and post his pic. Now I’m depressed. :frowning:

@ pixelfuze - Wow, love this photo. I love macro shots and this one is great. Focuses on the little guy brilliantly so definitely worth the effort :slight_smile:

Some awesome shots all round. As a newbie in photography this is a brilliant way to learn and pick up tips and ideas.

Ok guys, submissions are now closed for Day 4.

This is the 4 shot

Out for lunch in the park today and this little chap came out to play :slight_smile: Took about 150 shots to get this one just right & in focus, worth it I think though.

I saved this little fellow from an Arachnid’s web.

I would say an “Insect’s” web, but it was not a web of an insect,
but taken rather, from the web of a spider.

Unfortunately, upon closer examination,
much closer examination,
Death had already welcomed this creature
to It’s nest.

Grabbed this one in the Butterfly Garden at the Albuquerque Botanical Gardens.

@jcwacky

Great concept, and sweet follow-through. {{{applause}}}

Very cool idea jcwacky! Nice pic.

Day 4 for me. Was trying for a contrast in textures … meh, we’ll see. :slight_smile:

[FONT=“Georgia”]You’re only allowed to submit one photo per topic/day.

[/FONT]

Some great pictures here, I love Mike’s spiderweb. I’m amazed how clear it looks - is it because of dew?

so I guess I have two questions, firstly, how long is left in this part of the competition and secondly as arachnids technically aren’t insects are pictures of spiders acceptable for this round of the competition?

Thanks for the clarification!

Michael