December earnings reviews

Has anyone else seen that earnings, in general, have gone down from November to December. My earnings were very good in November. However, December has been lower than normal. Much lower than last year at this time… Anyone else see similar?

Not this year, but usually I see a drop over Xmas time which picks up in February, this year have long running projects with monthly rates bridging the gap, otherwise it would be quiet.

[FONT=verdana]What earnings? From your work as a freelance web designer? From your pay-per-click advertising? From the sale of products from your website? From the work you do cutting wood for neighbours?

I’m not trying to be facetious, but, honestly, what’s the point of telling us that your earnings are down without giving us any clue as to the context? And what do you hope to discover by asking if anyone has seen something similar?

Mike
[/FONT]

In terms of ad networks and advertising in general for my sites.

Should have asked, thought you meant gen freelance income. What kind of sites do you run? I’m guessing a lot of people are giving web time to Xmas stuff at present, or advertisers are only interested in paying much for that.

Traffic the same. CPMs and fill rate are down.

According to us, in terms of Traffic and Profits both are increased year to year gradually… So, this 2012 is a prosperous year for us…!

[FONT=verdana]

That helps a little. But what’s the problem? Your earnings in December are lower than your earnings in November? So what? December is only half-way through, so you can’t really draw a comparison. In any case, it would be perfectly normal for earnings to fluctuate month by month. Presumably you have months where the earning go up. It follows that there will months when earnings go down. Don’t worry about it.

You asked if other people had also seen a drop. My guess is that half the PPC publishers in the world will see a drop in a given month, and half will see an increase. If you want to compare your situation with that of other publishers, you would have to do so with publishers in the same market, with similar audiences and similar sites to your own.

Mike

[/FONT]

I have many affiliated network, My earning is going up day by day. maximum earning was on 12-12-12.

Earnings will always be down in December unless you run a Christmas themed shop.

The simple fact is that most people leave the comfort of their desks to celebrate Christmas, so with less people online you’ll get less money through.

Some freelancers do actually make a fair bit of money during the Christmas break, either as out-of-hours support for agencies, picking up work for those who are away during the winter break and especially cover for those who have called in sick due to too much merriment.

[FONT=verdana]

Hmm. That’s a culture-specific statement, don’t you think? After all, there are huge parts of the world that don’t do Christmas - or, at least, don’t make so much fuss of it as we do in Europe. There are also many sectors of the economy that function round the clock at all seasons of the year - health, power, transport, and the like. These are just as likely to generate PPC revenue (which is what we are talking about) in December as in July.

Mike[/FONT]

It is culture-specific, but if we’re considering the western world as a culture then it’s essentially the right answer.

Only one of my clients maintains operations outside of Europe and America, and they’re not working during the winter period. Regardless, the vast majority of western users on this forum need only care about the western market.

While true, this only matters to B2B operations. As a customer I am less likely to visit a health website because I’ll be spending Christmas with my family.

[FONT=verdana]

That might well be right. But what about the very large number of non-Western users? I suspect that there are more Sitepoint members from the Sub-Continent than from most European countries, for example*. More importantly, what about the original questioner? We don’t know which part of the world he is in, or whether his target market is the UK, Eastern Europe or the Arab world.

Mike

• That’s only a guess, of course. Can anyone confirm or refute it?[/FONT]

Its quite strange that your earning gets low, usually in December due to Christmas blogs earning gets increase because people do more shopping in december, well if you ask from me my Earnings get double in this month of December which is good for tech websites, may be your website niche is not about shopping.