Default CSS Bug in IE/Opera...fine in FF/Chrome

Here’s the site in question: Krian Music Group

As stated in the title, the problem only occurs in IE or Opera when you hit the “next” button for image carousel on the homepage. The bug is that it drops underneath the About box.

I’ve tried debugging it but haven’t come up with any answers yet. Can anyone point me to the offending property?

Thanks.

Hi,

Hmm not quite sure what you want to happen there. Is the sliding box to go on top of the about box?

That would seem a little odd as then you couldn’t use it because it would be hidden. If you want the sliding box to go underneath the about box then you would need to change the transparent png otherwise you will still see it underneath,

Regarding the dropping down then I’m not sure why you have floated the about box and position:absolute should do what you want without interfering with the slider.

#home-left-box {
    background: url(http://www.krianmusicgroup.com/Krian/wp-content/themes/e-pro/images/home-left-box-bg.png) repeat top left;
[B]    position:absolute;[/B]
    margin:0;
    width: 275px;
    height : 400px;
    font-size: 11px;
    z-index: 99999;
}

You have more issues in IE6 and 7 though.
There’s some other weird stuff going on in there and some broken code like this that needs fixing:

<div>
                <h3>Recent Comments</h3>
                <li>
                    <h2>Recent Comments</h2>
                    <ul>
                    </ul>
                </li>
            </div>

Thanks a lot for your ideas, I’m going to try them now.

The reality is that I bought this theme for use with this client. Only after purchasing it does the help file mention that there are a whole set of bugs from 6 months ago that have never been repaired.

To add to the damage the developer is one of those that is super helpful until you buy his material. He completely blew off 8 support requests after purchase, no response whatsoever. I was forced to file a paypal claim against him, for that he was around.

Bottom line…the coding in this template is absolutely horrible especially the PHP. The hooks into Wordpress are byzantine and in no way close to the documented way of doing it.

We have a launch in 2 days so I don’t have time to perfect, I just need it to work for now…then later on I’ll fix it up.

What happened with the slider is that he meddled with the original .js so I had to upgrade the script and that’s where a lot of the issues are coming from, the carousel behaves differently now.

We’re not going to support IE6 but if you have any pointers on any IE7 fixes I’d be very appreciative to hear them.

Thanks again!

Worked like a charm…the design of the template is such that the slider runs over the About box.

I wasn’t thrilled with the idea but they liked it.

And once more, thank you :slight_smile:

The previous and next buttons are missing in IE7.

Try something like this:

*+html #prevBtn,
*+html #nextBtn{margin-top:0}
*+html #prevBtn{margin-left:200px;}

I’ve only tested the above with the IE developer tools so will need testing.