Dependency Injection Breaks Encapsulation

Let’s be clear about this. The sentence above is the pertinent sentence in that article to this whole discussion.

Tony, I’ve said this before in the other topics we’ve had the pleasure of discussing together. You are unfortunately way behind the times. I am really trying not to say this to be attacking. I want to you wake up! Think of it as me taking you by the shoulders and shaking you and screaming “Wake up Tony!” You are a passionate developer and the PHP world can always use people who have such passion. However, NOBODY today programs 9000 line monster objects. And trying to justify that DI is a bad things to use (even only in certain situations), based purely on your perspective and code, also shows clearly you have a “metacognitive inability as an unskilled developer to recognize your ineptitude”. It is a harsh reality to face. To wake up 10 years later and realize time has passed you by is disheartening at best and depressing at worse. To be honest, I’ve gone through that myself in a way. But yes, alas, the programming world, especially the PHP world, has changed. And actually, to be even more veracious, a 9000 line object had never been an accepted coding practice.

No Tony. You now have no leg of competency to stand on. You have no basis for showing you are worthy to listen to as a developer. And anyone that reads your posts and should even think they have any value, really should be aware, they are being led by a blind person, whose ideology is built on programming methodologies (and some selfmade one’s) made for the early 2000’s.

Work on your competency first. Either refactor your framework or start over. Learn the ways of today’s programming methodologies, then you can speak about how things might be wrong. And, if that is something you don’t want to do, then please accept that you are behind the times and just keep quiet and to yourself. Stay in your past. It will save you from looking like a fool. That is my heartfelt suggestion to you as a fellow developer. I really like your passion. I don’t like your ignorance and the arrogance that comes with your denial to change.

I too, am out of this discussion.

Scott

2 Likes