Dependency Injection Breaks Encapsulation

I’d be so bold to also say this is another sign of the Dunning Kruger effect. You know I am getting at something, which you can’t properly answer, so you call my arguments petty and groundless accusations, as if it would take me having written a framework to be able to tell Tony the Great he is doing something wrong. It is you considering yourself an expert, because you have built a framework, which is unfortunately further from the truth than you’d like to realize. You are an expert of your own framework, which I gather very few people have the want to master. The reason nobody wants to master it or use it is because you are NOT an expert at OOP.

I don’t have a beef with you or your framework Tony. I have a beef that you come to forums like this one or LinkedIn, where I got to know you first, and you make arguments nobody really wants to hear and you make arguments, which might lead the unwitting to think wrongly about OOP methodologies. And you write blog posts that are arrogantly wrong and insulting. It is the “in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man (thinks he) is king” issue.

In some ways, I get the feeling you actually know you are wrong in your actions and thinking, deep down inside, but the big hairy monster called Radicore Framework causes you to be like you are. Although, I don’t know how an inanimate object can control ones own opinion, viewpoints and actions, you seem to be in that terrible position.

In other words, if you said yesterday, today I am throwing away everything I had done in the past (and you can make that decision), you’d know that today, you’d have to do your OOP differently…do OOP properly. You’d have to actually learn and use the better methods and practices 99% of the devs use today (and used in the past too) and stop looking at the other 1% for validation for doing things wrong, as being right.

The other thing you’ll be able to do, if the above ever happened is, you’ll be able to ask questions and instead of have it be a lead in to argue your incorrect view points and defending your framework. It will be a way to learn and constantly expand your knowledge, which is what a community is for.

Scott

2 Likes