I want to know how to design a website and what are the basic requirements?
Finally what are the steps for hosting a website.
Am immediate response would be highly appreciated.
Your question about how to design is loaded. There is a lot of information to cover there. Also, are you talking about how to design one in terms of layout and development or are you asking where to begin with a client in terms of their goals?
For hosting a website, you will want to buy hosting services from a hosting providre. Examples of hosting providers include GoDaddy, HostGator, Nexcess, Network Solutions, etc. There are tons of hosting providers out there.
Here is a good post on how to design a website,
Hope that helps,
- I've learned HTML in the old days when tables still where used, if you want to get a grib on the nowadays html you should learn how DIV's work. If you understand DIV's and css stylesheets, then you can create websites.
- When you learned how DIV's work then you should try to positioning DIV's, that's the seccond hard part.
- If you can do Step 1 and Step 2 in Notepad or Notepad++ without a visual then you can script.
- After you handle the DIV's go try to make databases and learn MySQL and PHP. it's worth it
Thanks a lot Shawn for answering me.The link you posted here is very helpful to me. I would like to know the each and every basic steps for hosting a website.
Thank you for spending some time on my post.
The steps for hosting a site will vary based on who you go with but in general, setting up a website would look something like this.
1. Find a domain name and register it
2. Find a hosting provider that suits your needs and sign up with them (popular ones are GoDaddy, Hostgator, Hostway, Bluehost, nexcess, network solutions). Note that there are dozens and dozens of hosts out there. Just be sure you go with one that will have everything you need. For instance if you are using Wordpress, you will need a host that supports the most recent version of PHP and MySQL.
3. Most hosting providers will require at least 3 months of service up front however you might be able to find a month-to-month solution.
4. Upload your website files to your host through their cpanel or through an FTP program.
This is a very, very basic timeline of what you need to do to set up hosting. Depending on what you want to do in terms of having a content management system or a custom website, the steps will vary. Wordpress is one of the easiest ways for novices to set up a self-hosted website. Here is a good tutorial how to do that,
Hope that helps,
Website design is very intersting topic, firstly you should have knowledge on basics of HTML, CSS. The most website design tool preferred by wed designers is dreamweaver.
You are helping me a lot.Thank you very much.
HI I just make my first website last year
If your web are commercial what you need to do are
1. what is your keyword such as if you want to sell dry fish you may need to find out dry fish is strong competitor or not, don't try strong one
2. What software you go to use. I recommend Dreamweaver
3. I suggest you download web server such as WAMP . for you to test your web.
You may find a lot of free codes.
5. May may need to learn server side such as PHP.
6. Little knowledge of Photoshop or other graphic design.
7. Little knowledge of database such as mySQL
8. Now find out web server on web. If you use WAMP it will be easy if your web server also has WAMP
9. Little knowledge of SEO.
You may try with free web sever such as Google ( I also has wab run on them one)
Disadvantage is you can't modify some thing ( may be can but has no time to study)
When I create my web I has to read about 10 books about it .
Hope can help you.
Ps may english may be not correct cause, english is not my language
Agree with you, go for wordpress cms, first buy your hosting,domain and install wordpress using fantastico... lots of free wp themes there just ask google... good luck!
I would suggest you to look at best website gallery out there. My favorite one is http://www.awwwards.com.
Take your time everyday to view award websites. It will help your creative juice a lot
hope this information is useful for you!
These days you can build a website via online websites as well..they charge you a nominal fee and provide you with a fully fledged website...so it is a better option and later on you can add some other things as well on the portal.
Yeah you can get totally rely in those websites..my father has a transportation business and he had to expand it..so he needed a website as well..so he just used online service..which actually turned out to be better...my father is giving some last touches to it and it will be soon on air.
Eish your questions. I do think that you need to learn a lot about website design so that you can build a quality website that will interests many people. Like:
1)what kind of website you want to build.
2)what kind of product/service would people be interested in.
3)Then choose the domain name.
you need also consider the following:
ASK YOURSELF AS A BUSINESS PERSON
Say YES or NO to the following questions:
►Can you work on your own?
►Do you not need others to tell you what to do?
►Can you work hard?
►Can you keep going even when things are touch?
►Can you finish what you started?
►Do you like people?
►Can you work together with others?
►Can you get people to do things?
►Can you give orders?
►Can you plan things?
►Can you make choices?
►Can you make decisions?
►Can people trust you?
►Are you healthy?
►Do you believe in yourself?
►Do you have enough knowledge about business?
Are most of the answers YES? Then you should be able to run a business.
The following characteristics are very important to be successful in business:
♥ You must be willing and able to work hard.
♥ You must have good ideas.
♥ You must be able to sell.
♥ You must be confident.
♥ You must be able to adapt to change.
♥ You must be honest.
♥ You must be able to communicate well with other people.
♥ You must be able to focus on what you do best.
♥ You must be able to deal with people.
♥ You must be able to make wise business decisions.
♥ You must be determined to reach your goals-keep going even if things do not look good and even
when you make mistakes.
If you want to make a complete website, then it includes both designing and developing but if you want to do only designing then you need software like adobe photoshop and illustrator. Or you may can take free templates from google and then make changes in it to make it according to the requirements.
Does require (in my opinion) PhotoShop as a key tool.
Luckily, Adobe now has the Creative Cloud where you can pay $19.99 per month for access:
(As opposed to buying the software outright for $700.00 plus.)
Doing that and it works well.
Buy a domain first, get hosting from any hosting service provider. Now it comes to design, you may either buy a template or hire a designer. And if you have some design skills, you can also design by yourself. Just upload your design pages on your hosting server and make your site live
I usually recommend to people who do not want to make web design their career to either hire a professional web designer or use an online template, which should cost around $50 USD, if it is made for WordPress. Why? Well simply, because these have higher aesthetic values and an enhanced functionality compared to the websites, someone only with HTML and CSS knowledge, would ever be able to create.
Concerning the hosting you could start off with a web hosting service, such as hawkhost, dreamhost or even bluehost. Just search online and commit some research about your actual requirements. For example how heavy is your website, how many visitors do you get per day/week/month, etc. This information is essential, as you may need more bandwidth or diskspace. Certainly, if you just startup, go with the lowest and upgrade from there once you see an increase of visitors.
Many web hosting services offer a domain which is included either for free or for a little fee. On the other hand you can buy your own domain from namecheap.com and you can point or transfer the domain to any web host, which I usually prefer. For example you can cancel your account at a web hosting service without loosing the domain.