Designing in wordpress

Anyone has a solution to this ? Really excited to here some wp proes answer to this :slight_smile: thanks in advance.

Are you alive Force Flow ?

ok, so it looks like the HTML/CSS is fine. So what you are now looking to do is add thw wordpress code? Have you looked at any of the articles I linked to?

Are you familiar with any aspects of theme development, or is this your first time diving into this?

I know some wordpress. I have build one blog theme from scratch.
Yes i have looked at the pagesā€¦ How would you build this ? Cant wait to hear

As I said earlier, the general idea is to use a secondary loop with WP_Query, then just pull the title, permalink, and featured image.

Okay. But we have five boxes!!

Use a for-loop and cycle through 5 times, so long as there are enough posts in your query to do so.

Damit, i dont get it :frowning: thanks for trying. Do you have an example or some code.

Itā€™s just standard PHP codeā€“keep in mind that you can use regular olā€™ PHP. Wordpress simply provides a library of functions to use.

Why not custom fields ?
http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/. Some told me this was the best answer.

That doesnā€™t make any sense.

Youā€™re trying to retrieve data in your theme, not add more fields in the dashboard.
Ok, this is the general idea. I have not tested this code, so you may have to make adjustments.

<?php

$storedquery = $wp_query;
$storedpost = $post;

$query = new WP_Query(array('posts_per_page'=>5, 'paged'=>1));

if($query->have_posts(){
while($query->have_posts()){
$query->the_post();
echo get_the_title();
echo get_the_permalink();
echo get_the_post_thumbnail();
}
}
else {
//do something else if there are no posts to display?
}

$wp_query = $storedquery;
$post = $storedpost;

//continue using regular wordpress loop
?>

Be sure to read the wordpress codex pages on each function if you are unfamiliar with them.

For the post thumbnails function, you will have to enable support for it in your themeā€™s functions.php file. All the relevant information should be in the wordpress codex pages.

Again, if you havenā€™t seen the wordpress codex, it is a MUST to read for ANY theme development, as they offer key details for every wordpress function.

Thanks will take a look, and try it out.