Desktop Financial App Ideas...,

Hey peeps,

Alright, I'm learning WPF/C# and ASP.NET MVC at the same time. I'm looking for some ideas when it comes to Desktop Financial app ideas. I've been brainstorming for the past day, and all I can think about was writing a E-Trade "like" app, but it's far out of my expertise, and would take to long for 1 developer. So, what kind of financial app would you want if you invested? The only thing I could think about was to import data from an outside db and put it into a chart and bar-graphs. Anybody have any other ideas that would separate me from the "big boys"?

Any help would be grateful

Thanks all.

Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

I’ve been planning on working on a scheduling, billing and expense app that could be used by any service oriented business. I want it to be usable on the desktop but also web accessible so that scheduling, updates and job completions could be done from any computer or smart phone. Adding online billing to the mix would be a nice bonus.

I always seem to run out of time or desire though. :wink:

If you could make an app like that and market it to small businesses it could work.

Now we’re getting somewhere. Can you send me the specs? I’m willing to do this for free, as it gives me a project on my portfolio. I’m never good at self-starting my own project, because I am never satisfied with my ideas, I prefer to take someones idea and prefect it. Weird, I know :wink: Also, it sounds like an exciting project. :slight_smile:

Wow, It’s like … looking at a younger me … =)

I’ll lend resource to the mix if you need it.

I’ll lend resource to the mix if you need it.

The more the merrier. Do you have/know of any project that needs help on? Like I said, I am open to anything. Plus, an employer prefers an applicant who build an app for someone else, rather then make-up your own project. I graduate in 2 years, and my goal is to have 4-6 projects completed by then.

Maybe we could work on a collaboration effort.

I’m thinking about it and the issues are the scheduling may need to be industry specific. For example an auto repair garage just needs a list of people that are supposed to show up today while a lawn care company will need recurring visits which may be weekly, bi-weekly, X number of days between or once every 6 weeks depending on the service provided. Of course including a “one time job” option would be useful to the latter while being the main choice for the former.

Another concern is making it updateable via a web interface and deciding on where to keep the databases.

You’ve just given yourself a new nickname. The Prefect. :stuck_out_tongue:

No Chaser, I don’t have any particular ideas, but I’m willing to lend time and effort if you guys come up with something. Whether it’s advice, or the development of a particular unit, it’s all good.

Will you write the tests for TDD? :smiley:

Provide me with some ubiquitous language notes, and I’ll see what can be done.