Detected Unnatural Links

Hello Everyone,
Today I got a mail from one of the site owner for pointing his site by Google as “Detected unnatural links”. He is asking me to remove multiple links from my site that are pointing to his site. But removing them is a big pain for me.
How can I cop up with this situation?
Please suggest.
Thanks

You do the right thing and remove them.

Agreed.

Not only should you do the right thing and comply with this request for the sake of the site owner, but it’s also in your own interest to do so.

If you have multiple links to his site, it’s more than likely you have multiple links to other sites. If Google has alerted him, then it’s likely to have alerted others. And if Google notices this pattern of linking, it will regard your site as nothing more than a link farm, and you may find you are also being penalised. So it’s in your own interest to sort out the situation swiftly, before it reaches this stage.

You should remove them, but in order for someone to help you with something fast, you should also name the platform you are using.

Also, why were the links ( seem many ) were placed in the first place on your site? For seo?

I agreed to all, you must remove your links right now as it is effecting the website of others.

Why are the links there on your site in the first place? Did you put them there or are these spam links posted in your blog comments or forum? If so, is this person contacting you an ‘ex’ spammer trying to clean up his act?