Developing Custom App

Hi all,

I am about to work on a small is project for my parent’s business they came up with a inventory barcode system that allows u to print barcodes using a mobile phone or handheld device or some sort
only thing i am wanting to know i was doing some research using handheld barcode scanner it can work only issue is that it would need to be attached to a computer so the other idea is to using it via mobile device eg Android or Apple Iphones. with this in mind i was wanting to know using the IPhones and Android’s Camera does anyone know if it possible for that to be intergrated into the builtin Internet mobile browser firefox and what not if so.
Is it simple by developing an Javascript code or snippet and having it select a pre-selected text input field into the in-house Stock System.

Can this be done in Javascript

<script type="text/javascript">
function SelectAll(id)
{
    document.getElementById(id).focus();
    document.getElementById(id).select();
}
</script>

Textarea:<br>
<textarea rows="3" id="txtarea" onClick="SelectAll('txtarea');" style="width:200px" >This text you can select all by clicking here </textarea>

Input TextBox:<br>
<input type="text" id="txtfld" onClick="SelectAll('txtfld');" style="width:200px" value = "This text you can select all" />

Is that the right way of doing it a barcode entry when you scan barcode into the inhouse application it can be read easy.

For security reasons the devices will not allow access to the camera’s through the browser. Only through a native app will you have access to the camera

can i get it to submit the data through the browser?

A normal file input field will allow the user to upload something from their device. Like a picture, yes