Developing for Windows Mobile / Android

What is the best phone to develop for ? There are so many PC apps that it seems pointless to develop a PC app but mobile app,there is many things possible. I personally am not a Apple fan so iPhone is out of my plans, I do have a liking for Windows Mobile and Android despite not owning a smart phone. How do you tap into the touch screen aspect as well as the keyboard aspect of these phones to develop for ? Being a creative guy, I have an idea for a creative app :slight_smile:

Well, both platforms have an SDK that you use to develop for. I do android development. It is done in java using eclipse, where Windows Phone 7 is done ins C# / XAML using Visual Studio. So I would suggest looking into each platform and make your decision based on that. Do you have any other programming background?

Just delving into Javascript. You have a suggestion?

Well, in that case, I do not think it makes much of a difference. Java and C# syntax is very similar to that of javascript. There are tons of resources available for both platforms. Just read up on them and decide like that.

Might want to take a look at jquery mobile + phonegap, which supports android and windows phone

If you want to dip your feet into an Android project, take a look at my article on it:

As for the “best” phone, I guess you’ll want to research which are the best-selling phones on the market, especially in your target group, if possible.