Diagnosed by Doctor House?

[FONT=Georgia]I just read this article and had to share with you guys:
Doctor Saves Man’s Life Because He Remembered How ‘House’ Treated Someone With Similar Symptoms

The last line is what really cracked me up!

Enjoy!

Any other House addicts out there?[/FONT]

hmph, Guess not.

Haha, brilliant!

I’ve watched the show in it’s entirety, but I’m still having mixed feelings about it.
Mostly it’s interesting to watch, and the show certainly is well written, but some things are just so over the top it’s just plain annoying (House ramming Cuddy’s home, anyone?)

So, definitely not a total waste of time, but I don’t think I’ll watch it again. At least not any time soon :slight_smile:

I watched the first few seasons but after 3? it became a bit odd (as if the writers started to go a different direction) and I lost interest…

I have not watched the program and there is a 502 error on your link now.

Yeah, it got to be pretty formulaic after a while.

However, according to a few friends of mine in the medical field who watched it, they said most of what was on the show was more or less medically accurate. They probably had some decent technical/medical advisers.

Yeah, that part was fine, what really bored me was the story line outside of the hospital. Or the constant change in residents, etc. I got tired of trying to keep track of all of the outside fluff or felt there was too much emphasis on that for a while (maybe it has changed back, but I just couldn’t keep watching it).

Ah, the soap opera stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I really enjoyed in “in hospital” stuff, it was many times logical, problem solving, etc. Kept my programmer brain racking to try and see if I could uncover something before they did (that was very evident in the early seasons… once that shifted, my brain was done).

I had all of my friends and family hooked on it during Season 1, but they quickly grew bored of it after a few seasons too (due to the shift of focus to the “soap opera” stuff).

I’ve noticed that some of the more recent sci-fi/fantasy shows (especially on the CW) are basically soap operas with vampires, werewolves, etc. Ever since the Twilight movies came out, there’s been a shift in sci-fi/fantasy to include soap opera elements into those genres. I can’t stand that stuff. :nono:

Me either. Just give me the geeky stuff and leave the rest out :slight_smile: NCIS is still something I watch frequently because it doesn’t really have the soap opera stuff in it (at least not as a focal point).

I used to love House although it was a bit weird in season 4 or 5. A bit later went back to its origins (which was way better) although sometimes some of the interins that were on the team were a bit too much (but I guess you can’t be too normal if you are fighting your way to a group of geniouses like that)

I prefer when they keep their stuff to the pacient itself and don’t go too much over personal stuff but I do like the series