Difficult SEO question? Impressed if someone knew the answer. Or take a good guess!

So I changed domains right. I 301 redirected all the old domains files to the new domains root via a htaccess sitting on the old. All went perfect. So in theory Google would transfer most of the old site juice to the new one. It remained like for about 3 weeks or so. Then 10 days ago (I just found out) somehow my old domain got deleted off godaddy. So no more redirect. Just went to a parked godaddy page. I called them and they fixed it. I have no idea how that happened. Maybe hacked. Maybe I did a stupid click or two in my sleep. My traffic went from 60,000 last month to 20,000 this month. So I saw the hit.

Googling the old domain google only shows the parked page. So google has seen it. Presumably google also saw the 301 redirect a few weeks back too. So now that the old site is back up with the 301 back in place how will google proceed???

1. Will it continue as nothing happened and reinstate all my old authority juice flowing into the new?

2. Or will google think the site was deleted and therefore removed all instances of it from its databasis and therefore no more trust juice flowing into new domain?

3. Or did Google already see the redirect and so none of this matters? That one I doubt because I read from google a longtime ago that one should keep their old page up for about 6 months before removing.

See this is a guess-ta-ment answer at best. I think the only person that could truely answer this is Google itself.

you are absolutely right. Only google can help you for this problem. Mail your problem to them and they will definitely give you solution for this problem.

Hey! Contact Google of course. I attempted such by posting it in googles webmaster central http://productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!category-topic/webmasters/crawling-indexing--ranking/7FOb998bAao

How long was your site down before you noticed and fixed the problem?

I have run a few tests similar to this (letting sites expire or changing the DNS to an empty directory for an extended period of time and then promoting the same site), and I have found that after some jumping around, my sites have regained authority, usually within a few weeks. I have never tested this theory without writing at least 1-2 400-600 word blog posts a day to give Google incentive to index my site. In order to make sure you remain in Google’s good graces, you will probably want to push out as much unique content as possible.

Considering you changed everything back to the way it was originally, I do not think they would not penalize you for an error which was corrected quickly. I would be very curious to hear their response to your question.

PS, I really like the design on your tutorials site

Here is my post on google. Not too much direction yet https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/webmasters/7FOb998bAao/DvgtfF2RhRQJ

Anyone know of a way to contact google? Or how should I go about resubmiting site - because it’s all 301’d.

Well google picked up the old site again. Took about 2 days. Now sees the redirect. My page rank on the old site was 3. My new site is still ZERO. It’s been about 1 1/2 months since the move. Very annoying because no publishing adds will allow me in with a 0 apparently. Such followers. A mass of sheeps.

Google’s PR algorithm is completely separate from their search algorithm, and some would even argue that it is outdated. I have ranked a PR0 site at the top of the first page for “whole life insurance quotes” and “best whole life insurance quotes”, and I have seen PR4+ sites ranking on page 4-5 for much less competitive keywords.

PR is a system that remains in place more for bragging rights than anything else. It has little to no impact on search rankings.

Start with a few posts on your new website

Start with some backlinking on your new domain.

The page rank can take a while to appear.

When I transferred one of my website to a new server, it took around 2 months to index everything and in the meanwhile
I started with the backlinking to my new domain and it did get to the original PR3.