Disabling web securities

Hi,
Why do we need to disable web security, what is the significance of it. In my office, people tried to access the browser app. hosted on local server but someone told me we need to disable the web security to access it.Then we disable certain flags to disable it in our browser then it start running but later when i tried the same app with my mobile browser it was not accessible then how should i disable the web security on my mobile.

In this day and age, disabling web security is only asking for trouble. DON’T DO IT! You could open your entire network to all kinds of malicious things. Do you really want to be the one responsible for making it easy for hackers and script-kiddies to take your network down, or steal information??

Just say “NO” to disabled web security.

If the application doesn’t work because of network security, then either the app wasn’t designed/developed correctly, or there aren’t permissions in the firewall or proxies for it. Fix one or the other, but do not disable web security.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.