Discography using custom post type and advanced custom fields plugin plus JS

I’m creating a workable Discography that is as easy to display, as it is to add albums from the back-end…I’m confident nothing pre-existed that combine these functions, as I searched and searched.

First, I created a child theme, DPP from it’s parent theme, BASIC (from elegantthemes).

Then I set up a custom post type: discography, where each post is an album, and the producer could add the thumbnail the artist name, the album name and the songs.

Now, I used a JS discography add-on to display the discography and play the songs by inserting the php code to pull the fields needed into that area so that Javascript could do it’s magic.

The Javascript and Custom Post Type, Custom fields combo was working fine when it was just one song. Now, I’ve included a ‘repeater’ field from the same wordpress plugin, Advanced Custom Fields (which allows me to set up the fields in each post) so that the producer could upload more than one song

All I need to figure out now is how to get the proper php code for the ‘repeater field’ to pull the entire list of songs…I can’t figure out what could possibly be wrong there, as I’ve entered the code properly according to my knowledge.

I’ll show you the code that worked for one song:

<?php
$values = get_field('song_-_ogg_format');
if($values)
{
 $values = is_array($values)? $values : array($values);
	foreach($values as $value)
	{
		echo '<span class="mp_song_title">';
		echo substr($value,46,-4);
		echo '</span>';
		echo '<span class="mp_ogg">' . $value . '</span>';
	}
}
?>

but now I have changed the field for each song to $song (and it should repeat through values to grab each $song) based on the repeater field which is now ‘song-ogg_format’…but none of the following code bits are working. I’ve tried three different ways:

<?php

if(get_field('song-ogg_format')): ?>

<?php while(the_repeater_field('song-ogg_format')): ?>
<span class="mp_song_title"> <?php echo substr($song,46,-4) ?> </span>
<span class="mp_ogg"><?php the_sub_field('song'); ?> </span>
    <?php endwhile; ?>

<?php endif; ?>
<?php
if(get_field('song-ogg_format')): ?>

<?php while(the_repeater_field('song-ogg_format')): ?>
    	<span class="mp_song_title">
		<?php substr($song,46,-4); ?>