dujmovicv — 2010-04-19T03:48:10-04:00 — #1
displaying non-English letters on a website needs additional coding, and I need your assistance to display HUNGARIAN (ő, ü, ö, etc...) letters correctly on a website. Now, when displaying the characters with their ASCII code (i.e. é for 'é'), that is OK! But I have some recordds in a MySql database as well (guestbook entries, blog posts...) and they look weird in the browser (like hieroglyphs....). Can someone tell me how can I escape (if that's the correct method) those characters to display correctly???
I hope I was clear enough with describing the issue...
Thank you advanced!
dujmovicv — 2010-04-19T04:32:51-04:00 — #2
In the meantime I found the solution to my problem :
in the HTML header instead of
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
I changed the charset to utf-8 :
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
which solved the problem!
frank1 — 2010-04-19T04:41:25-04:00 — #3
yup i was going to write that :D:D
any way ,may be some point of time you will think of generating pdf for same...or use gd libaries to generate image from those text....
if you succeed,please pm me as well ...:)
i have not succeed in that atleast....:)
They do support but still broken word problem ...not rendered correctly in generated pdf or image....