Displaying result

Hi guys

Ok… I am a web designer who mainly works in flash, yet also focus more on print and graphic design, Yet i am really really trying to pick up html and css. So working hard, and working late nights trying to pick it up

I know this is the php forum, but i could not find the html forum, if there is one!

Basically… I have made a calculator on a site, which is just a simple calculator that has +, - , x etc. Yet i want the result of the calculator to appear in a different part of the page!

The page is to work out a quote, the company charges £17 per meter of guttering.

So i want people to be able use the calculator, and then when they press = the answer will appear in another box called" your quote is ’

Sorry to ramble. But thanks for reading

Jake

Hi jwelshr32, welcome to the forums.

If I understand you correctly, have the PHP file that the form is submitted to grab the $_POST variable values and use that in the result page where you want it to show. Personally I think the result should appear near the calculator for usability reasons, but that’s up to you.

Hi mate

Thanks for the reply, yeah the result will be close to the calculator, literally next to it infact!

I will try that, to be honest im not that literate in terms of HTML language especially php, but im trying lol.

Is there no html forum on here, or is this where to post regarding that aswell?

HTML is not in the Program Your Site section, because HTML is not a programming language (it’s a markup language instead, with paragraph, heading, …)

The HTML and XHTML forum are in the Web Page Design section instead. Although, due to the programming you’re wanting they’re likely to redirect you here, or over to the JavaScript forum.

Don’t bother using JavaScript for this until you have it already working as a server-side scripted solution. Otherwise, when JavaScript is not capable of being run (more often than you think) your calculator will be unusable.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate

Jake