Do .co.uk domains show up in Google.com search?

Ie international searches? do .co.uk show up?

[FONT=Verdana]Without any indication to the contrary, Google will assume that .co.uk domains are targeted at the UK.

However, using Google Webmaster Tools, you can set your geolocation, so if you have a .co.uk domain, but your target audience is worldwide, you can indicate that to Google.[/FONT]

Yes, they do.

I think i’m going to go with a .biz name for my site. .co.uk is to national generic really i think. Is .biz more popular in rankings?

I’m personally not a fan…

What’s your target audience? .com is king, followed by .co.uk for ccTLD. If you can’t get either then I’d lean towards a different domain altogether. What happens if you build a successful, recognisable brand but you lose traffic through what I call traffic seepage? This is people automatically going to the .co.uk or .com because they assume the site will be there.

Matt

It’s for a name generator website, and target audience is international. I want the keyword to be in the domain alone, and .com and .net are already taken. I don’t want to buy a co.uk and then find out that my traffic is only coming from the uk search engines. I want to get traffic from america and the world.

.org? They still seem to have a slight boost over .com / .net for KW rich domains. It has been dialled down from the huge boost they used to carry but some additional juice still appears to exits.

It’s not too common for a commercial site to use the .org TLD these days–they’re mostly used by non-commercial/non-profit entities.

.co.uk is perfectly appropriate. I actually see that much more often than .biz.

I know this :slight_smile: From a pure SEO and branding perspective, I’d still take .org over .biz