Do you have experience of shopify store?

Hello Friends

I want to open my eCommerce store, Hence Does anyone have a experience of Shopify ? Please Give me feedback. http://www.shopify.com/

Pros:

• It’s easy to get up and running if you want a basic store
  • It has the best bulk product import feature I’ve ever seen (and I worked with dozens of ecommerce software)
  • Fast load times
  • You don’t have to worry about security, updates etc.
  • It has built-in blogging software (though very basic and limited)

Cons:

• It doesn’t support drop down menus out of the box and workaround that they provide often doesn’t work without custom coding
  • Cost - Their pricing plans are a bit misleading. I will never forget my disappointment when I encountered for the first time that they count every variant as a product. So, you have 1 product in 10 sizes and 10 colors - you already need more than a basic plan which offers 100 “products”.
  • They charge transaction fees
  • You are limited to 3 options per product and 100 variants per product
  • No FTP access

These are just some random thoughts, since you didn’t specify what things are important to you or what type of store are you going to build.
Overall, I like Shopify and would recommend it. It certainly isn’t for everyone and you have to give up on some flexibility, but in return you get decent all-in-one platform to work with.

@brimin;

Nice reply, and thanks for the detailed list. I haven’t used Shopify, but have looked over their site. It’s handy to have feedback like this from actual users of the system. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums, BTW. :slight_smile:

Thanks brimin for giving such a deep details about Shopify.com.

As for Cons I would also add that Shopify asks for tranzaction fees. It means you need to pay Shopify for every order on your websore.

That was listed in the cons above. Many/most cart services charge fees per transaction, though. (Can you name any that don’t?)

Cons:

Shopify allows creating additional custom fields for products but they are very simple (standard). For example, when I needed to create a radiobutton field or a custom select field for a product I could not. That’s the reason I stoped using Shopify.