Do you work WITHOUT a contract?

Yes. I have no contract.

Hi!I’m working as a freelance SEO and we normally don’t have any contract.Its a matter of trust in your employer.

Replies stating only yes/no, without motivation, will be considered fluff from now on.
The General Discussions forum is called that way because we want discussions, not useless lists of yes/no’s.

What I would like to know from those who work without a contract is why they are doing any work without the person they are doing the work for having agreed to them doing the work? What is wrong with getting them to at least agree that you are to do the work for them (which would create a verbal contract) rahter than just doing work for people you haven’t even spoken to in the hope that they might consider paying you something for it once it is done.

I use to work with contract to avoid scam,it is really hard to work without contract because there is a possibility that they will not pay you.

yes I do work without one more often than I work with one

Definitely – for me it saves a lot of headaches, especially with scope-creep. I can clearly define what is and isn’t included in the project, as well as other items like penalties for late payments, disputes, etc…

I recently restructured our contract and I think this has helped to form a better foundation for the entire business, and I think I’m already getting better returns as a result.

I think contract is best because you used some rule and regulation and working though proper channel.

I’m curious as to how many people work on design projects without a contract?

i can’t do this without contract!

Even with a contract it doesn’t really help unless it was notarized or witnessed by third parties and thats assuming that it is worth taking to court or to collections for. Business to business, yes you should because your business is holding the other business liable. And its easier to convince that your business did something than you personally because thats the way it is. I use to do contracts more than now but personally if someone is going to screw you over its going to happen even if you get legally involved.

No, I would definitely not prefer to enter into a contract. Sometime it does happens that people after spending a certain span of time in the same job, like to switch over to some other job of their preference and according to their choice.