Document Outline HTML5 - Can we mix user generated content h1 and page structure h1s?

We know that, with HTML5 we can use several h1 tags. One per article or section.

I’ve placed h1 tags on article for a title news article coming from a database - (user content generated);

When I see the outline of my document, I see those h1 there, “mixed” with the “page structure” h1 headings.

So, user content generated are placed inside some h1 headings. And, site structure info like “News Section” also have inside h1 headings.

Is this ok concerning the Document Outline OR should the Document Outline only contain headers that are related with the page structure ?

Thanks a lot

Currently, browsers don’t recognize the HTML5 page structure, so it’s generally recommended to use h1, h2, h3 instead for the time being.

Is this ok concerning the Document Outline OR should the Document Outline only contain headers that are related with the page structure ?

The Document Structure is based specifically on those headers being inside sectioning elements only. I don’t remember which elements those were entirely: article was certainly one of them, but there’s a definitive list somewhere. Prolly at HTML5 doctor.
http://html5doctor.com/outlines/

As ralph said, they’re not supported correctly right now and are just headache for current assisitive technology like screen readers, so I’d stay away from them until everyone catches up, but that’s the rule for header tags in the Document Outline.

Which is just another reason not to waste your time with any of this HTML 5 nonsense – and why I keep saying it offers no improvements apart from making it easier to sell new videos and books on the subject.

Headings are so simple to use there was NO legitimate reason to change the structural rules, or to add new tags like SECTION or HEADER apart from the ignorance of the average developer… adding more tags just because people can’t use the ones we already have is NOT the answer.

Headings are so simple to use there was NO legitimate reason to change the structural rules,

Not simple when you have to dick around changing them all the time because the header that fit the <article> on Joe’s site doesn’t fit your page’s header structure when you copy it to your site. Which was the entire point of XHTML2’s <h> (general header) element and HTML5’s multiple h1 idea. It’s for syndication.