Does IE & FF etc treat Jquery differently?

I have a site. It works.

I amended the site to stop using bloated code, and implemented Jquery corners, as well as some “cool” gradients.

I then implemented some php code to stop spammers (html entities).

The spam stopped, I was happy.

However, the login form stopped working too. It works in Firefox, but not Internet Explorer. I’m not quite sure why this is, but I need to know so that I can get any bad coding practices out of my system.

I have not added or removed any of the login php (not even for spam purposes). I have not added or removed any of the login Javascript.

I really don’t have a clue where to start looking with this or even what to Google.

Internet Explorer and Firefox are very different web browsers. jQuery does everything it can to fix differences between them.
Can you provide us with a test page that allows us to see the problem that you are having?

I found my issue. I went through each and every line and eventually I got there.

I had applied Jquery corners to a submit button and to the link that made the form appear which included the submit button. For some reason this did not suit IE at all.

Alls well that ends well!

What happened to your Guru status? Don’t worry you shall always be a guru to me :slight_smile:

Thanks. It lasted for the period of one year, after which AussieJohn pipped me at the post for the following year and well deserved it was, for I wasn’t around here as much at the time.
While getting awards once a year is nice, what seems to be more important is helping who you can throughout the rest of the year too.

Well sir you’ve always been a great help to me and it is very much appreciated. I seem to remember voting for you when the voting took place.

Mucho gracias for your ongoing services to the community Guru