Does IE9 support color:transparent and li:nth-child(1)?

does IE9 support color:transparent and li:nth-child(1)? That’s font color transparent.

I’m doing something ie8 pukes on but I can live with it if ie9 picks it up. Thanks

I didn’t know anyone supported color: transparent. Instead, usually you’d choose the same colour as the background.

The background is transparent. So can’t. I found out that ie9 does support it. So do all the others.

Supports both that is.

Huh, that’ll make a good trick.

It was a good trick. It’s a style sheet switcher with two links. On and off. But I wanted it to be a toggle. So it just shows one link - either on or off. Once I wrapped my brain around - two ours later - I got it working. A little AP - second style sheet - transparent text trickery.

Wait, there are always two links in the markup, and one is hidden by being invisible?

Would confuse me as a user. I am known for hitting CTRL-A on pages I’m reading regularly since it’s easy-lazy contrast. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what control A does. I’m guessing regardless though it would work. They are both AP with no positioning. So they just drop over each other. Then transparent one or the other an z index so it looks like your clicking one but really the other. It works.

Highlights content on the page. I believe it’s cross-OS so you can try it. It’s a nice way to copy everything on a page (to your clipboard for example), but as a side-effect you get a sort of high-contrast highlighting on your text too (except when the webdev has changed/set the highlight colour, unfortunately).

You can use equivalences.

Assuming you are in standards mode ( and why would you NOT be?) you can use rgba(x,x,x,0) to simulate color:transparent; this will not work in IE8 tho :confused:
also li:nth-child(1) should be equivalent to li:first-child

Yes. A good solution! Thank you bro. I did not know that or think of it for some reason. rgba should work perfectly then. Problem solved.

Ha ha maybe because I did not know it. I just figured ie8 didn’t.

I thought Eric was deliberately using the nth-child version specifically to keep IE8 out, since it does support first-child but not the various nth-childs.

I was because I thought ie couldn’t do transparent. But now I shouldn’t have too :slight_smile:

OK I wasnt going crazy. IE8 does not seem to support rgba 0,0,0,0