Domain and hosting in UK

Hi,
What firm do you recommend for buying domain and hosting in UK?
The site is photo gallery in WordPress.

snecz,

You can register at any register which offers the TLD you’re seeking.

You can host at any host which will accept those TLDs (meaning, just about every host around the world).

What you’re looking for is a host based in the UK, preferably a good host.

I use WebHostingBuzz for two accounts (US-based) but WHB also has servers in the UK. Since their service has been outstanding (ZERO problems), I can’t comment on their support except to say that they must be on top of their servers to keep them error free. Because they also offer “Specialty Hosting,” I’m sure that they have WP tailored hosting accounts available (I have a client who required a Joomla account in the US - Joomla is a resource hog so the WHB account tailored for Joomla was a godsend).

Regards,

DK

Thanks dklynn. I’ll check it.

Just a suggestion, it may be better to buy your domain separate from your web host. If the web host goes belly up or you have problems with them, at least you can be at ease knowing you maintain full control of your domain and all you’ll need to do is switch nameservers to have it hosted elsewhere.

For webhosting, I highly recommend Hostgator. I have heard good things about BlueHost too, but have never used them.

Also, you can use their customer service “livechat”, before buying, to see which one you prefer.

Both of them are not existed in the UK, as requested from the OP.

For starting, I would contact with Unitedhosting.co.uk. They are pretty good.

United Hosting and Clook always come well recommended for UK hosts.
Personally, I’ve had a reseller account with Innohosting for a couple of years now and couldn’t be happier with them

I’ve chosen (the client actually has chosen) 123-reg for domain registration in UK an Polish web hosting firm for hosting. So far everything works fine.

Thanks a lot all of you for help.