Domain Name Selling

Hi I’m practically new in domain names selling and buying…

In case I sold a domain name what information should i give to the new owner. Is domain transfer necessary? How should I give the domain name to the buyer? Thanks.

Once a domain name is sold, you give the buyer an authorization/transfer code that they then use to get the domain transferred. Here is a page with some information about that:

The second video probably is what you need, if the domain is to be moved to a new host.

thanks ralph.m your link is helpful. it is safe to assume that a domain buyer at least to have a domain registrar to any registrar…

Not quite sure what you mean, but I don’t really think that needs to be your concern, if I understand rightly. It’s like selling someone a notepad and worrying about whether or not they have a pen to write in it. It’s not really your problem—although you can, of course, inform them that they need to transfer the domain to a new host, if you so wish.

i see…

Most crucial issue is ‘payment’ - many times sellers are cheated. So take care and use only escrow.com to handle the domain sale - it is utmost safe there.
Good luck.

How about paypal? Isn’t safe? Well, thank you for the heads up. At least I’m ready if I will be able to sell. ahaha:lol:

Paypal is not safe. Most safe is escrow.com

This is so true. Escrow.com makes sure that both parties complied step by step during the transfer process so nobody gets cheated. Great service.

i see

I’ve had such great experiences with Escrow.com - it gives great peace of mind. But further, if someone backs out of Escrow it’s a really strong indicator that this was exactly the system you should be using.

Got cheated through PayPal, so I agree with Mydomainz.us. Go for escrow.com if you need reliability. At least you won’t stress out.

This is first time i heard about cheat on paypal, let me try escrow :slight_smile: Thanks

I still use Paypal for domains under $200 because the hassle to risk ratio is so low. I completely agree that for anything over $2-300 should be handled through escrow.com. They were the first, so they are the best – and their escrow fee’s are reasonable, the safety is second to none, and extremely easy to use. Never lost a dime on any transaction in the last 3 years.

Even myself wasn’t aware of cheating in paypal. I thought the CC information was being used and hack in paypal. In reading that I’ve done, I learn that paypal do not act as a middle man between buyer and seller. Unlike in escrow, they send an information that they receive a payment and the item before the seller gets the payment and buyer gets the item.