Domain transfer

I have a domain hosted on a server. I have another host account where I can host unlimited sites. I want to transfer the domain to another account. How is it possible?

You will need to consult the support documentation from your current host and your new host, these should explain the process.

Just make sure you ask the right question. Transferring a domain is one thing, changing hosts another. Transferring is a term generally used in relation to domain registration. You can keep the domain with the current registrar, as changing hosts usually only involves changing the nameservers associated with that domain.

1. Change the nameserver records, resolving to new host.
  2. Once nameservers are resolving, add the domain as ‘addon domain’.
  3. if you have a website, then back it up, upload to new host and request them to restore.
    That’s it!
    Good luck.

Hi,

I noticed that many webmasters always transfer the domain name when changing the web hosting. Actually you can simply change the two nameservers of the domain pointing to the new hosting.

Transferring a domain name depends upon the domain extension.

If the extension of domains is .uk, then we new registrar will provide his IPS tag. You will have to pass on the same IPS tag to current domain registrar and ask him to change it to the new one. Once he changes the IPS tag, your .uk domain name will be transferred.

If the extension of domains is .com, .info, .biz (other than uk domains and .eu extension), then you will need to ask your current registrar for EPP key for the domain name and pass on the same to the new registrar to initiate the transfer process. Once you provide the EPP key to the new registrar, he will initiate the transfer process.

If the extension of domains is .eu, then you just need to contact the registrar where you wish to transfer the domain. He will initiate the domain transfer on your behalf.

If you are keeping the same registrar, just change the name servers. If you are changing registrars, follow the transfer directions given by the new and old registrars. Make sure you also adjust the name servers accordingly.