Download SitePoint’s ENTIRE Ruby on Rails book FREE!

We’re Having 60 Days of Rails Madness!

Our ultimate Ruby on Rails beginner’s book is FREE to download right now…

That’s right… Not an extract… Not a sample chapter… The ENTIRE 447 pages of Patrick Lenz’s incredible book “Build Your Own Ruby On Rails Web Applications” is (for the next 60 days) free to download at http://rails.sitepoint.com.
[URL=“http://rails.sitepoint.com”]
Download the book now!

It’s just been updated to correct all known errors and we’ve completely overhauled the de-bugging chapter. So even if you’ve already got a copy, it’s worth taking another look…

From installing Ruby, Rails and MySQL, to building and deploying a fully featured web application, this book has it all. Imagine building a Web 2.0 social news application, just like d1gg.com This book shows you how to do it, step by step…

It’s no wonder this book has been described as the best Ruby on Rails beginner’s book on the market.

If you’ve ever thought about trying out Ruby on Rails, you’ll never get a better chance learn why everyones talking about this revolutionary web development framework. Grab your FREE download today…

Feel free to spread the word to anyone who may be interested in Ruby on Rails, or anyone who just likes getting stuff for free :slight_smile: .

[URL=“http://rails.sitepoint.com”]
Download the book now!

The fine print:
You’re this far down the page and haven’t already skipped away to download, so I take it you’re looking for the catch, the fine print, or the terms and conditions that may apply. Sorry, but there aren’t any! This offer is as amazing as it seems – a free download of a print-quality book. End of story. Remember: it’s 60 days of Rails madness, not 61, so don’t miss out!

lol comment of the century! :rofl:

I can not get past page 23

Wow. You can’t beat that with a stick!

Why are you giving away the free book?
Is it a marketing experiment? It reminds me of a ‘crazy johns’ commercial :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Awesome. Thanks SitePoint!

of course it is. notice it ask you if you like to subscript to blah blah blah…etc.

In any case who cares! Free book woohoo! <3 Free things are nice when they are awsome.

So why does the popup say that you can download the free four chapter sample?

Learn to build next-generation Ruby on Rails web apps from scratch!
Get 4 Chapters Free Now…

I had that too - I think it must be a caching issue, as it’s as expected now.

What’s happening to this place

My guess is to promote ROR… but oh well. Free is free. :slight_smile:

Thanks

ok but it is a shame to those who purchased the pdf as me

Hole in one.

Btw, Thanks sitepoint :smiley:

I feel sorry for those who purchased, but at least you get an up to date copy for free :tup:

we already had the opportunity to re-download the updated book whenever we wanted 'cause we paied for the book:rolleyes: :mad:

Thanks, must not be selling that well…

Thanks SitePoint. Must be a new marketing strategy you’re testing its waters. :slight_smile: I just want to say that the pop-up window is confusing. I expect a “DOWNLOAD NOW” link to instantly trigger a file, not a from to enter an email address. Why not directly incorporating the form in the page?

possibly getting ready for a second edition?

Is this book is realy helpful for beginers, means like the person who knows PHP / MySql Very wel but don’t no any thing about rails?

Thanks to sitepoint For this ebook.

This is great.
It is going to inspire me to learn ROR.
I’ll definitely give it a go