Dreamweaver CS3 "Files Panel" - File Transfer Tool Icons Missing!

:frowning:
After hours of going through my Dreamweaver CS3 Manuel, I cannot figure out how this change in my Files Panel happened or how to correct it.

I had to change my ftp Password. Afterwards, I checked the connection and it connects to my server. I changed the password in ā€œManage Siteā€ and only changed the password without making any other changes.

Now on Dreamweaver on my ā€œFiles Panelā€ I can only view Local Files, my Assets (templates and library) are empty, and the ā€œGetā€ and ā€œPutā€ arrows (along with the other icons are completely missing.

Normally to the right of the website name, there is the pull down menu that had ā€œLocal Filesā€ and ā€œRemote Filesā€ ā€“ that is also missing and instead there is only a blue hyperlink there that says ā€œManage Sitesā€.

I did notice that before the name of the site there use to be an icon of 2 green folders overlapping each other. Now, there is an icon of 2 computer monitors.

Also, the name of the site in that box did not use to have anything in front of it - it just had ā€œnameofsite.comā€ ā€“ now it says ā€œftp://nameofsite.comā€.

Does anyone know can I fix this problem? Bless you if you canā€¦.
Susan (Interior Designer and totally frustrated and unprepared web site builder)

Hi 777snooze. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Hm, that sounds like a pain. Itā€™s always frustrating when this happens and you canā€™t get back to what you were seeing. The first thing I always do is quit the program and open it again. You never know, but sometimes that sorts things out. Give it a try, anyhow, if you havenā€™t already. :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding. I did close the program several times and also restarted my computer. It is still that way. Thank you again!

Maybe you could take a few screen shots of what you are seeing? I couldnā€™t replicate what you are describing, but perhaps itā€™s because I have a later version of DW. Perhaps you could restore default settings? Not sure. I havenā€™t used Dw in a long while.