Dreamweaver tool vs hand made coding

which one is better, Coding layout using Dreamweaver tool(like add div etc etc) or Hand made coding(i.e. by myself) and why?

The big advantage of hand-coding is that (in theory) you know exactly what is going on, and you are able to code more efficiently and with less “bloat” (ie, code that isn’t needed). It can also help you to think about how the page works, rather than just what it looks like, and to consider how the design will adapt to different sizes and shapes of screen. I have never yet come across an automated tool that produced code that I was happy with, and even when I have to use a CMS I always dive straight into the code view rather than use the so-called WYSIWYG editor.

Thankyou sir :slight_smile:

also as you are SEO Guru, Can you please suggest me a good book or some other link for learning SEO?

I find it easier to hand code. Once you get used to it, you won’t look back.

You also have the option of an IDE applications.

Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG editor, which is notorious for auto-generating code (which is sometimes useful, and sometimes not).

Notepad-like applications (such as the ever-popular notepad++) offer the ability to hand-code, but are limited when it comes to code completion and library definition look-ups that a fully-fledged code editor offers.

So, there is a third group–IDE programs. They tend to offer code completion and library definition look-ups, but doesn’t include aggressive code generation like WYSIWYG editors have.