webmachine — 2013-04-20T12:40:28-04:00 — #1
Before you ask ... I have looked everywhere for a solution, even drupal.org but nothing so far seems to work.
Here's the problem:
I developed a Drupal site (custom child theme for Zen) and on the development server everything looks fine in all browsers.
I did a test migration to another server before the launch. This move went well and everything looks fine in all browsers.
Then I moved the site to its live server where everything looks fine in all browsers except Internet Explorer which is not loading the stylesheets.
I know Drupal is known for generating many stylesheets and Internet Explorer will not load them if there are more than 31 (I believe) of them, but I did set the "Aggregate and compress CSS files" feature and clear the cache. This did not seem to help.
I still have some work to do (the site loads slowly) so I apologise for that. The official launch of the site is only a week away and I really need an answer to this dilemma.
webmachine — 2013-04-22T13:35:47-04:00 — #2
Could the answer be in one of the two following things?
- The development site and backup site are both with one hosting provider. The live site is with a different hosting provider.
- The development site and backup site are in subfolders of two different portfolio sites ... ie www.portfoliosite.com/Newsite.
The live site is a subdomain of the parent site ... ie www.newsite.parentsite.com.
I have run out of ideas so if anyone has a possible solution or direction to look, please let me know. Thanks
webmachine — 2013-04-22T18:24:15-04:00 — #3
Problem solved, but FYI for other developers with the same problem, I finally came across a thread in a forum where the poster found that the "Aggregate and compress CSS files" caused his problem. So I turned that feature off, and the site is now fine in Internet Explorer.
Hopefully all those stylesheets in Zen and the core don't slow my site down too much now.