Dump websites or?

What did you make with the websites didn’t work out? Dump them and let the domain expire or try to sell them?

Depends. If it’s a quality domain sell it. If it sucks let it expire.

Excellent question!

I used to just dump them, but nowadays there are so many ways to sell your sites/domains, along with extremely cheap hosting. In recent years I’ve only ever set up one personal website that never took off, so I sold the domain for the hours I had put into the site and left it at that.

If it were a site that was still pulling in money I’d probably leave it, depending on how steady that income is. I’m more than happy to pull $100 a year out of a site that requires little to no maintenance; I’ll be able to get a few rounds in with that cash!

If it’s making any profit after expenses, you’ll simply have to factor in whether the site is worth your time and effort to keep it going. If not, list it on Flippa or any number of other places that specialize in buying or selling websites.

If it is not making any money and you have given it a serious go, just dump it. You won;t be able to get much, if anything, for a domain that shows no profit.