Dynamic Page Creation

Hey everyone. This could very well be a super easy question, but I was thinking about it and am not sure how to approach it. Basically I have a website built on Wordpress. I want to integrate a car inventory into it, and I have the inventory stored in a mySQL database. However I do want each page to have a unique “url” corresponding to the unit for SEO sake, therefore generating an illusion of these “dynamic pages” being made when a user clicks on a particular inventory unit drawn from the database. I wasn’t sure how to search for this problem, as most sites use “dynamic” and “php” in different lights usually. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Are you a programmer? If not I think you have to learn PHP Programming and some knowledge of mod_rewrite of Apache to rewrite the URLs as per your requirement. Otherwise if you want it to have done as soon as possible then hire some Wordpress developer to do it for you.

Yes, I’m completely comfortable with PHP and all that. I have just not had this “problem” to tackle before and wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction with it. So the mod_rewrite method is the most effective way?

Yes, just to rewrite the URLs as per your requirement, it is the better and effective way. Then I hope you can manage how to send the values from rewrite rule and get it in the PHP and query the database accordingly. Good luck!