E-Commerce Site Migration - SalesCart to Anything Else

Hey guys,

Did some searches, couldn’t find anything on this. I just started working for a company which is using SalesCart Pro (from like 2003 I think). SalesCart Pro is run on .ASP and MS Access database. This site is very dated, slow, and featureless.

I wanted to migrate over to something else. I was looking into 2 options: 1) Learn MySQL and PHP and make one from scratch. 2) Use a pre-existing store front like OS Commerce, Magneto, ProductCart,etc. I do not have extensive knowledge with this stuff, but I know my way around programming and can learn if I need to.

I tried ShopFactory based on a recommendation and that was a huge waste of time and money. I have pretty much figured out I am going to have to manually redo the database in MySQL or some other format.

I would prefer a shopping cart that is a one time buy or free. I don’t like the idea of paying monthly forever.

My question is where do I go from here?

Thanks again for any help.

-Shahid Khan

Hello!

Try CS-Cart (there is a free version or a paid for one-time fee) and you won’t regret.

I recall looking into it I think, but I’ll look again and report back. Thank you :slight_smile:

Edit: I forgot to mention. We sell mostly offline. Every night a .CSV file is exported from Quickbooks and updates our inventory list which I do via MS Access. We have about 900 products. I didn’t see in CS Cart anywhere to update mass inventory. Going through 900 products and updating quantity is just silly lol. Does CS Cart have a MySQL database or any type of exportable and importable database?

Edit 2: Nevermind. Found the database section. Maybe I will just install it locally or email them to see if they have what I need.