Easy Ajax with jQuery

thats very good…
what i needed is on 14st page,
but i am facing a problem and that is when i simply load HTML file into a div. so only the content of that file is loaded but not HTML.
can you help me solving this problem.

$(“#HTMLContent”).load(“test.htm”);

i only wrote this line on document ready function.

hi,
this howto is great! thanks
but do you have any idea to get all attribute from an XML like this :
<root>
<elem value=“1”>text1<elem>
<elem value=“2”>text2<elem>
</root>

ooops sorry this is the right xml :
<root>
<elem value=“1”>text1</elem>
<elem value=“2”>text2</elem>
</root>

Hello,I have a question:
Why the backend responses the ‘echo “\ <time>”.time()."</time>
";’,
and the frontend ignore it?
Why does the frontend not update the timeStamp or the backend not response <time/> tag?

I wasn’t able to get this to work without setting the type argument of post to xml and setting the content type returned from the server to text/xml.

hi
is there any server requirements for this to run ?

You say that the script attaches to the elements when the document is ready after loading. If that is the case, how would you get the script to attach to elements with the ajaxed div. Say anchors that are generated by the backend and brought through to the div for display?

Good script for starting to learn. It’s working ok. But I have one question. Let’s say I add this code to the end of addMessages(xml) function (I add button):
$(“#messagewindow”).prepend(‘<input type=“submit” name=“delete_0” id=“delete_0” class=“button” value=“Delete”/>’);

Why I can’t get click event:
$(“input”).click(function() {
alert(“blabla”);
});

Thanks for your answer.

Thanks! Great tutorial. This works OK with Firefox but the xml is not being parsed on IE 7. Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Bob, with php send:
header(‘Content-type: text/xml’);
IE7 worked for me once I pushed the text/xml header in php.

Thank man! Great tutorial and great base for starting with jQuery

nice article

Where is the zip download?

I have to say this is pretty amazing. I knew very little about php yet I understood perfectly, and jQuery makes it so much easier.

Is there anyway you could implement some sort of current active users check?

Thank you so much!

Thank you Akash. This is a very concise intro to jQuery. I learnt more reading your article than the confusing tutorial on the jQuery site. Kudos!

Great article - thanks so much!