Easy way to manage your site!

Hi,

I will have a lot of content on my page, so I was wondering is there an easy way to manage site. Something like with Joomla. So you dont have to edit your page in Dreamweaver and upload it, but you have control panel like in joomla and when you want to create something new, I just click on it (table,text…)?

Wordpress is a good CMS for managing your content and its pretty easy to use as compared to joomla.

No,no… without using cms… it would be nice to manager site with joomla or wp but both put their license… I dont want to have that

What do you mean about their license? The license is between you and the organization (Joomla/WP, etc…). Does that matter? It’s not like it has to be plastered all over the site.

I think you have a choice… Go with a static site like a Dreamweaver setup or go with a CMS. You can either buy a proprietary license or go with something open source. If you go open source I would recommend Drupal. Nothing can touch it for flexibility :smiley:

Joomla and Wordpress are open source too…

Joomla, Drupal, and Wordpress all use the GPL license agreement. Concrete5 uses the MIT license agreement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL and http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

The GPL is the first copyleft license for general use, which means that derived works can only be distributed under the same license terms. Under this philosophy, the GPL grants the recipients of a computer program the rights of the free software definition and uses copyleft to ensure the freedoms are preserved, even when the work is changed or added to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_license

The MIT License is a free software license originating at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). It is a permissive license, meaning that it permits reuse within proprietary software provided all copies of the licensed software include a copy of the MIT License terms. Such proprietary software retains its proprietary nature even though it incorporates software under the MIT License. The license is also GPL-compatible, meaning that the GPL permits combination and redistribution with software that uses the MIT License.

I don’t think anyone is disputing that. He already knows WP/Joomla are OSS, Drupal is as well. The question is, why is that a reason not to use a CMS?

From what I understand from your quote, you seem to think that using an open source CMS like Joomla! or WordPress requires you to have a ‘powered by’ text and link on your site. Hell no! That is not the case!

They would like it if you would acknowledge that you are using their software, but you are not required. I create Joomla! and WordPress websites for myself and clients, and unless you go into the code and know what you’re looking for, you would not know whether it is Joomla!, WordPress, or a HTML website you’re dealing with, as it should.

In short: take the plunge and make a choice. The software is free, and most extensions are free as well. You just need to get to know the system.