EasyInline

I just emailed em a link from G-mail my to a client of her own website http://spiritmessages.org. When she opened the page, she suddenly saw some of her text underlined and causing pop-ups with ads in her browser. See attached screen shot . This appears in her FF, but not IE. It does not occur in my browsers.

I have two questions:

1. Is my email causing an infection such that this occurs? If so, how do I get rid of it?

2. What shall I recommend to my client to get rid of this infection?

By the way, I am very conscientious about keeping my computer free from virus by running System Mechanic Professional once per week. I just ran it last Friday.

It sounds like she has got some nasty stuff running on her computer. My parents had a similar thing with theirs. It appeared as a Firefox add-on, but had to be removed using the Windows Add/Remove programme as well as getting rid of all traces of it in FF. I don’t know that it is doing anything malicious apart from serving up ads that you don’t want, but it is still best to be rid of it.

Run malewarebites - free virus scan. It’s legit.

Thanks. I had Dell run superantivirus. Hopefully that cleared the virus from my computer. I’ll advise my client to do the same.

It might not be a virus – I would say it’s more likely to be something that your client has inadvertently downloaded and given permission to.

I think I also had that issue in the past. And the reason was I installed a toolbar which tried to display add for me which confused me for some time as I didn’t understand the issue and then came up with the solution of removing that software.