eBay Good For eCommerce Sites?

Hey guys/girls I get asked a ton of questions about ecommerce everyday, because I am graphic designer and talk to a lot different business owners. I commonly get asked a question over and over so I thought I would make a make thread here at Sitepoint in order to help answers some questions you might be having with ecommerce.

So I am sure you all know eBay is a great way to sell your merchandise. However, a lot of people feel that it is a waste to have an ecommerce site because eBay is going to rank higher in search engines unless you are just a SEO guru. But honestly, I tell clients all the time that you can really use eBay to help grow your ecommerce business.

I know what your thinking eBay to grow your ecommerce business…what? Ok let me explain, basically eBay is great way to sell your items, but if you are new to ecommerce or just aren’t getting the sales you want from your site you should really consider using eBay on the front end.

So basically I tell clients that are either starting out or looking to expand their exposure to get an eBay account. You can set up a store for pretty cheap and list your items daily or even put them in your stores. You will get a lot of sales and from eBay, because millions of people use it everyday. However, here are couple tricks:

Trick 1: Put your business card in their order linking to your ecommerce store (outside of eBay) This will get your name out there and also give them something physical to remember you buy. eCommerce is all about networking, without a client base you don’t make any money.

Trick 2: You do get an “about me” page on eBay so I would highly recommend that you use it. You can put a your link to your eCommerce site on there. Once people buy from you, and lets say they lose your business card chances are they will check from sellers they have previously bought from and check more about you, for future business.

Trick 3: Another things that really helps my clients is by providing a letter in their packages for an incentive to buy from their eCommerce site outside of eBay. So what are you supposed to use for an incentive? Tell them they get 10% off when they buy through your site.

I guess I am trying to say use eBay to help develop your ecommerce site and you really can make a ton of front end sales in order to get your ecommerce business booming. If you are not using eBay sell your items you are missing out on a ton of money. I hope these tricks help anyone out that is trying to break into the eCommerce business.

You are right Silver93350.
Yes eBay does mean making money online, but what about seller who wants to sell his product independently?. Dont you think they always depend on eBay to sell online.
So for their unique identity they start selling independently, and they build their own online store. Yes, one thing they should do that is to sell via eBay.
We at easystorehosting.com provide tools to import products from eBay store, and it is quite convenient and easy to use tool.

Yeah, I really believe that starting out a eCommerce site can be one of the hardest things you can ever do. I am designer and people always complain that once I created there site no one comes to it ;(. I mean look how many “seo” gurus there are. However, I do believe eBay is a great resource for starting your eCommerce business, but you do not have to stick with it all the time. Maybe this video I stumble across on youtube will show kind of what I am talking about:
[URL=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MEzwOm_hsA”]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MEzwOm_hsA

starting it is fairly easy …succeeding with it on the other hand…