Ecommerce site software

Hi all,

I read a few of the comments about OScommerce and wanted to get opinions about ecommerce site building software.
Is there a best or is it need driven??

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

In my opinion presta or magento is much better.

[FONT=Verdana]@Vincentas - if you helpful replies, you’ll need to give a bit more information about what you’re looking for. For example - is this your first site, so you’re looking for something simple to get started with? Or do you have some kind of special requirements? Large amount of products? Exactly what is it you’re looking for, because the answer will depend, to some extent, on what you want.

To anyone replying: Please don’t just say “I prefer X” or “Y is better”. Please explain your experience with the product you recommend, and why you think it is the right choice for Vincentas.[/FONT]

Yes I really do agree with TechnoBear… Please specify that what is your requirement .

Hello,

e-commerce is a type of industry where buying and selling of product or service is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems.

e-commerce website is mostly used for business online business purpose,and there are not particular software are available to create e-commerce website, they used the technology ad most of developer used the php.

Thanx

osCommerce is not enough good for today. I’d recommend OpenCart or Magento.