Editing WordPress Add-on

Indeed, if you can post a link we might be able to spot the error. :slight_smile:

Here is the link to a testing blog post when you click on the link Google will load up instead of Google loading within FancyBox

That page is filled with JavaScript errors.

You have jQuery loading twice, once before Fancybox and once after, but neither is version 1.3+ which Fancybox uses.

You have Prototype/Scriptaculous and jQuery on the same page, which is always a mess – you should choose one framework for your blog and stick with it.

And you have two lightbox plugins (lightbox/fancybox) on the same page – you should choose one for your blog and stick with it.

Lightbox is throwing errors as well.

The mess might not be why the link doesn’t work right, but it’s hard to pick things apart like this.

Dan the Fancy Box plug-in is a WordPress plug-in all I had done is the usually “activate” the plug-in in WordPress. I have deactivated the lightbox plug-in but the results are the same what do you suggest I do ?

jQuery still loads twice. The second instance is related to the tabs function that’s part of the theme you’re using.

To test whether this is causing the problem, try removing the following line in the file creativesheepblog/wp-content/themes/Maginoo3/header.php

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/js/jquery.js"></script> 

Are you sure removing that line of code won’t cause something to not work ?

I’ve tested this with the theme for you. Removing the line causes Fancybox to work but not the Popular/Active/Recent tabs.

A fix for this is to move the following two lines in the theme’s header.php:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/js/jquery.tabs.js"></script>

immediately below this line (further up in the code):

<meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" />

Thank you Victor that solved it :slight_smile:
Although how do you change the size of FancyBox via the WP add-on ? :slight_smile: Unless I over looked something ?

In the plugin’s settings page, the frame size is in the ‘Other’ tab.

Yup, thank you I over looked. I usually am in a rush doing these things probably can explain some typical errors I make just an FYI :slight_smile:

Victor - That didn’t solve it and for some reason the HTML that loads within FancyBox doesn’t load ?

Yup, thank you I over looked. I usually am in a rush doing these things probably can explain some typical errors I make just an FYI :slight_smile:

Victor - That didn’t solve it and for some reason the HTML that loads within FancyBox doesn’t load ?

What didn’t solve what? I can see by the source code that your online example does not reflect my last suggestion: to move up the two lines of code in the theme’s header.php, but instead appears to have the single line of code removed.

As expected, your example loads Google in an iframe, but the sidebar tabs do not work. Here, with the two lines moved up and no other changes, both Fancybox and tabs work fine.

I do not understand what you mean by the HTML not loading. Are we looking at the same example?

You’ll notice now that it works :slight_smile: I forgot to upload it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Although I probably will be changing the theme on day soon, will I have any problems with this when I do that ?

There’s no way of telling. Depending on the theme some tweaking may be necessary. As Dan suggested earlier, it tends to be safer to use only one javascript library so I’d prefer a theme that either used jQuery or didn’t require a library.

Well thank you :slight_smile: Hopefully when I get it completed that FancyBox works as it currently is working :wink: Otherwise … :slight_smile: