Eliminating link square effect when clicking on a link

Is that possible to get rid of the dashed border square when clicking on a link?

In Google Crome that effect doesn’t take place when in Firefox whenever a link is clicked there is a broken line square signaling that the link is being activated. how can I eliminate that effect?

The outline is there so that those navigating from the keyboard instead of using a mouse can tell what field has the focus. You can assign outline:none but then those using the keyboard will be completely lost.

i understand, After reading your explanation I went to Google Chrome and I notice that When I click on the tag it links, but as said it won’t display the broken dashed square, and as for the keyboard it will have an outline in a orange color that won’t display when using the mouse. and that’s what I want to achieve but for mozzila.

I am afraid that outine:none; will turn off the keyboard outline when I really want to turn off is the mouse outline.

There is only one outline - it goes around whatever element has the focus and can be set from either the keyboard or the mouse. So you can’t turn it off for the mouse without also turning it off for the keyboard.