Email - Plain text vs HTML

Hi all,

I work as a web developer and I wonder how the emails will look in 2014,

would it use more media (graphics and videos) or would it be more like plain text to make it more personal?

what you do you think?
any comments appreciate thx

For a newsletter or for personal email?

For a newsletter, you should do both versions. Most newsletter sending software has this feature built-in.

If for personal email, I tend to recommend that textual information should stay textual and graphics should be limited to a company logo. Not all mail clients support HTML email, and if these clients do not, your email will automatically be reduced to plain text. If all your signature information is in an image, that image will be discarded in text-only mail clients.

Stick to plain text if you can :slight_smile:

HTML email is better it allow you to insert a weblink or page.

All my newsletters send as both versions in the same email.

As long as you don’t mind the email being big enough to contain both versions there is no reason why you shouldn’t send as both (or if lots of your readers use one of the proprietary email formats then include that version as well and send one email containing all three).

HTML is way better because it is smaller load. If you have slow internet connection then this ones fit for you.

The HTML version will actually be the bigger version of the two - particularly if you embed images in it.

The plain text version will be shorter because it doesn’t need the HTML tags, just the occasional linebreak character.

Well i think it’s better to use html emails if you can, but some are blocking that kind of email so as said above if you are able to use both plain text and html email using both with make the chance it would go to the spam box smaller